Visa Information

Which kind of visa is required for entry into Spain?

You must apply for a Schengen short-stay visa, commonly known as a C-type visa, if you intend to visit Spain for a short trip (up to 90 days). You can obtain one of the following types of Schengen visas for Spain, depending on why you are visiting:

•Austrian Airport Visa: This visa is required for travellers who must pass through an Austrian airport in order to enter a country outside of the Schengen Area.

•Spanish Tourist Visa: this is required for anyone planning a vacation or sightseeing trip to Spain.

•The Spanish Visitor: Visa is intended for tourists who wish to pay visits to friends or relatives who live in Spain.

•Spanish Business Visa: this visa is intended for business travellers who must go to Spain for official business.

•Spanish Visa for Official Visit - required for delegations visiting Spain for business.

•Spanish Medical Visa: This is for visitors who want to receive medical care in Spain.

•Spanish Study Visa: this visa is intended for students who want to enrol in a course at a Spanish educational institution for a maximum of three months.

•Spanish Visa for Cultural, Sports, and Film Crews: This visa is for individuals who want to travel to Spain to participate in events of this kind.

What Records Are Needed for an Application for a Schengen Visa to Spain?

The Spanish consulate or embassy in your home nation requests documentation proving your identification, history, and reason for visiting Spain. To do this, you must submit the various documents needed to obtain a Spanish visa.

The following are the prerequisites for a required Spain visa:

•Application form for Spanish visa. Use your computer to complete the form, print it, and sign it when you're done.

•The two passport images. The images ought to be recent full-face pictures against a light background in passport format. Find out more about the photo criteria for applications for Spanish visas.

• A current passport. Verify that your passport satisfies the following requirements:

It has two blank pages in order to affix a visa,

It is not older than ten years,

It has a validity of at least three more months beyond the date you plan to leave Spain and the whole territory of Schengen.

Copies of:

All the pages of the travel passport.

Your previous visas.

Other valid or expired travel passports.

All the pages of other valid or expired travel passports.

Additional Spanish Visa Requirements Based on Your Employment Status

The additional Spain visa requirements depending on your occupational status are as follows:

If employed:

Employment contract

Current bank statement of the latest six months

Leave permission from the employer

Income Tax Return (ITR) form

If self-employed:

A copy of your business license

Company bank statement of the latest six months

Income Tax Return (ITR)

If a student:

Proof of enrollment

No-objection certificate from school or university


For more information PS at:

Send Us Your Message

Connect us on Twitter